Virtual Choir - Week 1
Words – Hal Hopson, 1972 (1 Cor. 13:1:3) Music – traditional English melody
Our first song will be a simple four-part hymn. It has three verses to be sung in 4-bar phrases. Please see the notes and the video before beginning.
Instructions for Practicing/Rehearsing:
1. Print the PDF of the "Sheet Music" below and use your pencil to make notes, OR, use your favorite music e-reader and make the notes accordingly.
2. Watch the “Conductor’s Notes” video and mark your score, as indicated.
3. Rehearse several times, focusing on note and rhythm accuracy, and feeling comfortable and confident with the text.
4. Choose your level of comfort
a. More advanced singers may choose to sing with only the piano, while watching the conductor video.
b. Less advanced singers may choose to sing with a part track, emphasizing a singer or instrument playing their part, along with the piano.
5. Rehearse several more times, building on your note and rhythm accuracy, by adding a focus to phrasing, dynamics, breathing in correct places, accented/unaccented syllables, musicality, and tone color to match what was asked for or demonstrated.